‘pictures of magazine 2vik muniz
vik muniz famous artworks recreated from torn magazines2’ brazilian artist has extended his repertoire of unusual mediums in his artwork with a series entitled ‘pictures of magazine 2’the project is characterized by famous paintings recreated with outdated magazines that have been torn up and meticulously arranged to mimic the tones and contours of the original pieces. Artworks are on exhibition at xippas gallery.
- Wheat field with cypresses„ after Van GoghA
- The Absinthe Drinker , after Edgar Degas
- After the bath’, after Edgar Degas
- Summer in the City, after Edward Hopp
- Siesta, after Pierre Bonnard
- Starry Night, after Van Gogh
- Wanderer Above the Sea of Media, after Caspar David Friedrich
- bar at folies bergères, after Edouard Manet
- Floor scrapers, after Gustave Caillebotte
- Le zèbre, after George Stubbs
One of the most beautiful moments that would happen back stage every night at “The Mysteries”: the Angels furiously cleaning all the blood off of Jesus to get him ready for The Resurrection. #gospel48 #postpartum @jessiegirl913 @tygaronstmarks
The real things haven’t changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong.
— Laura Ingalls Wilder (via fuckyeahyoga)
You pulled ink out of me when all I thought left were stems from flowers I had given away.
— Anis Mojgani (via h-o-r-n-g-r-y)
(Source: cattedrali, via great-britian)
"Their parents kissed."
Submitted By: Chris C.
Location: New York, NY
Via Buzzfeed :
Love is unselfishly choosing for another’s highest good.
— C.S. Lewis (via theohpioneer)
(Source: inspirewiki, via o-liv)
(Source: ngx, via ratsoff)